Foto & text : Anita Fuglerud
All pictures and text copyright: Anita Fuglerud

søndag 4. november 2012

Geysir Stokkir, Iceland 2012


There are so many things I wanted to see in Iceland, and I have too say the Geysir was not my first choice. I have seen so many pictures of it, that it felt like I had already been there. Even that I have never set my foot in Iceland before.
So what could bee so exiting about water exploding into the air............

Well I`ll tell you ..............


The first that meets you is the stunning scenery.......one road, just a few cars and stunning landscape on both sides. It feels like you are in the middle of nowhere.
You know you are almost there when you see the steem from the hot water...

When you arrive on one side of the road you see one single shop and cafe, and on the other side is a river of hot water. With a warning sign, that says the water is 80-100 degrees hot.




As you walk up to the Geysir you see that the place has soo much more than just the geysir. There are a lot of small ponds that is boiling with hot water....It is the beutiful and untamed nature that sorrounds it.......and the best of all. The Iceland hasn`t tried too tame it....
In many countries the most interresting and amazing places has been overexposed, but not here. It is just one single shop/cafe in the middle of nowhere.

And then we arrived too the Geysir Stokkir........and it was all worth it.......I`ll leave the next pictures too speek for themselves..... :-)








Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar